Comprehensive dilapidations services for landlords and tenants in London
If your tenant is responsible for repairing any damage to your property, you need to prepare an accurate and timely Schedule of Dilapidations. However, how can landlords and tenants reach a fair settlement? And who can you trust to provide impartial, expert advice and act on your behalf?
At Harding Chartered Surveyors, we can take responsibility for your dilapidations claim while guiding you through what’s often a complicated procedure. In the process, we’ll liaise with third parties and prepare any required documents, which may include:
- Schedule of Dilapidations
- Quantified Demand
- Scott Schedule
What we can do for tenants
Our London-based surveyors can help you understand the implications of the dilapidations clause in the lease terms before signing contracts. If you intend to modify your rental property, we can prepare detailed Licence to Alter documents for your landlord and resolve disputes if necessary.
Should you be issued with a Schedule of Dilapidations, we’ll help you understand the scope and cost of your obligations, highlight potential dispute claims and prepare a Response. If necessary, we can act as your expert witness in court, ensuring settlements are reached based on the facts.
The benefits of our dilapidations services for London tenants
By hiring a chartered surveyor for dilapidations matters, you can:
- Check the accuracy of your landlord’s dilapidations claim
- Agree on a fair settlement
- Understand your responsibilities and timeframes
- Potentially avoid costly and lengthy court proceedings
- Ensure your landlord doesn’t attempt to profit from their claim
How we can help landlords
If your tenant is responsible for reinstating alterations or repairing covenants as described in the lease term, we can prepare a timely, accurate and comprehensive Schedule of Dilapidations on your behalf. We can also liaise with your tenant’s surveyor to reach an amicable settlement.
If your tenant disputes your dilapidations claim, we can act as your professional representative and prepare any required legal documents. If necessary, we can provide an expert witness to support you in court.
How our dilapidations services can benefit landlords in London
- Our chartered surveyors can help you:
- Recover any losses for which your tenant is responsible
- Ensure your tenant meets their obligations
- Minimise the risk of errors and delays
- Settle dilapidations claims equitably and efficiently
- Reach agreements without involving the courts